At Kelley Tree Service, we do more than just remove excess branches and leaves to keep your trees looking great; our Massachusetts Certified Arborists also make certain your trees are healthy so that their structural integrity isn’t compromised. Kelley’s tree-care professionals are well-trained in Plant Health Care (PHC) and will evaluate your trees and take appropriate measures to maintain and ensure tree health. Whether you have a small backyard, or your property spans several acres of land, we have the equipment, experts and know-how to best evaluate your trees and provide a detailed tree care plan to keep your property looking its best.
Tree Health Problems
A trees health can be compromised for a variety of reasons:
- Drought: One of our country’s more common issues with tree health is drought. A lack of water can directly affect many parts of a tree.
- Disease: Diseases can be detrimental to a tree’s health. It is important to diagnose the situation in a timely manner before a tree dies, or worse falls and causes harm.
- Pests and Invasive Species: Both pests and Invasive Species must be detected early and controlled.
- Improper Planting: There could be many reasons for improperly planting a tree. One common thing we see is people planting the root flare too deep in the ground. This can cause a slow health decline, eventually killing the tree.
Plant Health Care (PHC)
Kelley Plant Health Care (PHC) is a comprehensive, individualized, proactive approach to monitoring and maintaining the health of trees. Kelley PHC services include preventive care for tree stress management, fertilization, monitoring and early detection of disease and health problems, clearly-explained options and suggestions, and, when appropriate, disease treatments and pest-management to maintain tree health. Put simply, our Plant Health Care service diagnoses and remedies any tree health issues discovered on your property. Specific Plant Health Care management includes:
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM), including treatments for Spotted Lantern Fly, Ticks, and other Tree Pests.
- Disease Management and Prevention.
- Fertilization and Soil Maintenance.
- Careful assessment and adjustment of soil, rooting, planting, canopy, and structure, including:
- Air spade and root excavation.
- De-burlaping and removal of wire baskets from root ball.
- Mulching the root zone.
- Pruning trees to encourage new growth and health development.
- Cable and bracing when necessary to ensure straight and stable growth.
After a tree health check, immediate tree trimming or removal may be necessary depending on the severity of your situation, or it may be time to begin a comprehensive Plant Health Care program to improve or maintain the health of your trees. If you are concerned with any of your trees’ health, fill out a contact form or give us a call at (617)953-5357 for more information on our tree health and tree care services. Kelley Tree Service is a US Veteran-Owned Small Business, proudly serving our neighbors in Greater Boston, the North Shore, and Cape Ann. We offer tree removal, tree pruning, lot and land clearing, stump grinding and more.